Monday, April 30, 2007

Nobody will die while I've got money in my hand.

Wolf Parade - Secret Knives

What if there was a band that sounded like it was fronted by not even the real Harry Caray, but Will Ferrell doing an impression of Harry Caray in that skit on Saturday Night Live when he asked Jeff Goldblume if he'd eat the moon if it was made of barbeque spare ribs? Also, what if the music they were making sounded like plutonium, like ten years from now your children will probably be born with extra weird body parts because you are listening to it now? Well, believe it or not, Wolf Parade's first EP sounded like this. When I was seventeen I put it on a cassette tape and listened to it exclusively in my car for an entire summer. I have not been stricken with radiation sickness yet, but I will certainly pull this song from the blog if I start to show symptoms.

No comments: