Saturday, May 12, 2007

Stay Out Super Late Tonight Picking Apples

Hey, this is Ethan Meick here. I'll also be posting here sporadically/probably more over the summer since I have nothing else to do. Starting July 1st, I will be posting from the People's Republic of China and giving my insights on the music scene there. Some DJs and Music Directors will be doing this as well, which should be super cool.

The National - Fake Empire
The National - Abel

The National's Myspace Page

For the past three months, The National has been on repeat in my headphones. The first track is the opening song on their new album, Boxer, which comes out May 22nd. Next is a song off their last album, Alligator. A little advice for listening to these two tracks...turn up your volume to 11.

Ethan Meick was an Assistant Music Director and DJ at WVAU. Next spring he will be back at WVAU, but for now he will work on infiltrating the Chinese punk scene.

No comments: